The Social Feed for Facebook app from ScreenCloud allows you to easily share your latest Facebook posts as a single feed on your digital signage screens. This is great for keeping employees, customers and stakeholders engaged in your company updates and to encourage higher social interaction on your online pages.
The Social Feed for Facebook app works with the Facebook brand pages you manage, allowing you to select a brand page and share its latest updates via a digital screen.
With the ScreenCloud Facebook app you can:
- Connect to any company Facebook page that you have admin rights to
- Select a border color of your choice
- Encourage more people to follow and view your Facebook page online, with a handy, easy to remember short link
Table of Contents:
1. Install the Social Feed for Facebook
- To get started, choose the Social Feed for Facebook app by following this link. Next select ‘Add this app’ in the top corner as shown below:
2. Choose the Facebook page you wish to show
To select the Facebook page you wish to show, you’ll need to log in to your Facebook account and allow ScreenCloud access. This ensures that we can pull the Facebook feed directly from a page you manage.
- Select ‘login’ from the app installation panel as shown below. This will direct you to Facebook where you can either log in or approve ScreenCloud to access the account you are already logged in with:
Once logged in, choose the page you wish to show on screen from the selection offered.
Please Note: If you cannot see the page you are looking for within the list it may mean that you are not an admin of that page, or that you are logged in to the wrong Facebook account.
In this case, you can ask the admin manager of the page to allow you access by inviting you as an admin. If you do have admin access and still cannot see the page listed, you may wish to try logging out and logging back in at https://www.facebook.com before trying to re-add the app.
3. Select your design preferences
Once you have successfully logged in and chosen the page to show you can select the design preferences for the Social Feed for Facebook app.
- Here, you can choose a border color from the chart, or enter your own hex color code, as well as choosing whether the updates will show in full or part screen:
4. Preview your results
Once you’re happy with your page and the design you wish to show it’s time to preview your results!
- Click ‘Preview App’ and a small popup will show you exactly what your Facebook page updates will look like when live on your screen and added to a playlist. This will include the timing of each post and the border color you have chosen:
5. Add your Facebook app to a playlist
When you’ve selected your Facebook posts and pages to show, it’s easy to add them to a playlist.
- Select ‘Add App’ and you’ll be given the option to name your Facebook social feed. This is useful to help you distinguish between multiple Facebook feeds that you may wish to add to your display:
- Now navigate to ‘Playlists’ and either add your Facebook feed to an existing playlist or start a new one:
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can I display the Facebook app in portrait?
- Yes, the Facebook app can be used within a portrait or landscape display.
Can I use the Facebook app as part of a zoned digital signage display?
- Yes, when setting up a zoned display you will see the option to ‘Add App’. Any Facebook feeds you have set up will be found in this list. However, within a zoned display you will need to think about where the Facebook feed is inserted to ensure that the display is optimized for audiences to see and read the updates.
How are the results ordered?
- Facebook posts are shown chronologically.
How long is each post shown for?
- Each post is shown for approximately 20 seconds.
Why do I have to log in through Facebook before my results can be shown?
- In order to show a Facebook social feed, you have to verify that you have admin access to the page. This is achieved through logging in and selecting the page that you wish to share within your display.
How often do the results update?
- Approximately every 30 minutes.
If you have any additional questions or concerns on the Facebook app, or any other questions or feedback about your ScreenCloud Membership, feel free to reach out to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at +1-415-449-5426, then follow the prompts to reach support.