ScreenCloud’s Weather app allows you to display a five-day weather forecast for up to three cities across your digital screens. This helps keep employees and customers up to date with the latest weather forecasts, in Fahrenheit or Celsius, from anywhere in the world.
The weather app auto-updates so you can ensure that once set up, it will keep your screens up to date with the latest weather forecasts without you ever needing to refresh it.
With the ScreenCloud weather app you can:
- Choose one, two or three cities to show on screen simultaneously
- Display temperatures in Celsius or Fahrenheit
- Show an accurate five-day weather forecast
Table of Contents:
1. Install the ScreenCloud digital signage Weather app
To get started, log into your ScreenCloud account and select the weather app or follow this link.
- Next select ‘Add this app’ in the top corner as shown below:
2. Enter your weather locations
In the next screen, you’ll have the opportunity to select the weather forecast for up to three locations. Once you have entered the first location you’ll have the chance to either select two more or leave the last two entries blank:
Once you’ve selected your locations, choose your temperature unit to determine whether you will display the forecasts in Celsius or Fahrenheit by using the drop-down.
3. Preview your results
Once you’re happy with your weather settings you can preview the results to see what they look like. This will help ensure you have selected the desired locations.
- Click ‘Preview App’ and a small popup will show you exactly what your weather forecasts will look like when live on your digital screen and added to a playlist:
- If you decide to only show one forecast, this will extend to fill the entire screen, as shown below:
4. Add your Weather App to a playlist
When you’re happy with the weather forecasts you can add them to a playlist.
- Select ‘Add App’ and you’ll be given the option to name your weather feed. Giving it a unique name for example ‘Weather - London, New York & Tokyo’ will help you to distinguish it later against other feeds:
Now navigate to ‘Playlists’ and either add your weather app to an existing playlist or create a new one.
As the weather app is so universally useful, you may wish to add it more than once to your playlist, which you can do by drag and dropping the same weather feed at different points within the playlist.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can I display the weather app in portrait?
- Yes, the weather app can be used within a portrait or landscape display.
Can I use the weather app as part of a zoned digital signage display?
- Yes, when setting up a zoned display you will see the option to ‘Add App’. Any weather feeds you have set up will be found in this list.
How are the forecasts ordered?
- The weather forecasts are shown from left to right, in the order they were entered when you add your locations to the app. To change the order in which they show, simply change the order in which you select the cities in locations one, two and three.
How long is the weather app shown for?
- The weather app is a static display, therefore it is shown for the time duration that you set within your playlist. This can be edited at any time by selecting the appropriate playlist from the ‘Playlists’ sidebar and changing the time duration next to the weather app of your choice.
How often are the weather forecasts updated?
- The cache of the weather forecast results are refreshed every 30 minutes.
If you have any additional questions or concerns on the Weather app, or any other questions or feedback about your ScreenCloud Membership, feel free to reach out to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at +1-415-449-5426, then follow the prompts to reach support.