Hello and thank you for visiting our ScreenCloud Help Center. This article is to inform you that the Chromecast device, while supported by ScreenCloud, does not have the ability to use zone layouts or create custom zones/sidebars using ScreenCloud signage.
Unfortunately, the Chromecast isn't powerful enough to support the zone layout feature. If you're looking to upgrade your device that supports zone layout, we recommend a Chromebit, Chromebox, Amazon Fire TV Box or Fire TV stick. You can learn more about these devices by visiting https://www.screen.cloud/devices.
There are other benefits to upgrading to these devices as well. The main ones are:
- More locked down so no one can take them over
- Have auto restart capabilities if the device is powered down and on again
- Are more powerful so can handle more complex animations
- Have more storage so more content can be saved offline (better playback)
- Increased RAM
- Support multiple zone layouts
If you have any additional questions or concerns on your Chromecast and inability to run zone layouts/custom zones, or any other questions or feedback about your ScreenCloud Membership, feel free to reach out to our support team at email@example.com or give us a call at +1-415-449-5426, then follow the prompts to reach support.