Google’s recent update prevents Chrome playback video and audio files from playing until a user interacts with the domain (click, tap, etc.) For Digital Signage this means, your videos would not work until you plug in a mouse and click on the screen.
Which devices are affected?
- All Chrome devices (Chromebit, Chromebox, Chromebook and Chromecast) with Chrome version 66 onwards.
- Chrome extension on a Windows or a Mac
When was the update released?
Early May 2018
What are we doing to help resolve this issue?
For Chrome device with single app license and those without CDM license
- upon startup pressing Ctrl+Alt+S
- logging in
- opening a Chrome browser and typing: chrome://flags/#autoplay-policy
- changing the "Autoplay policy" from "Default" to "No user gesture is required"
- pressing "relaunch"
- rebooting the device
For Chrome device under enterprise level license
- Configure the policies and settings for your devices
- Restrict Google Chrome version to at least