ScreenCloud uses a service called to extract the feeds information from the RSS feeds. If you’re seeing what you believe to be the wrong picture associated with a feed, it’s likely because of how Embedly is extracting the image.
To test out the Embedly Extract API . Simply copy and paste the RSS feed URL and click the "Play" button.
Embedly looks at the following attributes of the page and then ranks and scores the images.
- The URL of the oEmbed object (if the oEmbed type is a photo)
- The thumbnail_url of the oEmbed object (if the oEmbed type is not a photo)
- The Open Graph og:image property
- The meta image_src tag
- Any images found in the API response
- Images ranked and pulled from the body of the page
If you’re having the wrong image returned, and if you have access to modify your website or the RSS feed, you may look at inserting a new og:image into your image property. The og:image is what is returned to ScreenCloud in the majority of cases.
<meta property="og:image" content="your image URL" />