The ScreenCloud Event Calendar app makes it easy to share events logged to your Google calendar on your digital signage screens. Share any calendar connected to your Google account, choose your selected view and allow the screen to populate with new events as you add them. This makes it easy to share the events occurring in your store, office, team or business where everyone can see them.
With the ScreenCloud Event Calendar app you can:
- Share any Google Calendar
- Choose from a day, week or month view, or upcoming events
- Easily add and adjust events as they come up
Table of Contents:
1. Select and install ScreenCloud’s Event Calendar app
To begin, follow this link and select “Install this app” in the bottom right-hand corner. This will log you into your ScreenCloud account, or prompt you to set up our free trial in order to use the Event Calendar app and others within our App Store.
- Once logged in select “Add this app” from the top right-hand corner:
2. Access your Google Calendar
Once you have selected “add app” you’ll see the option to log in to your Google account. This allows you to pull through your private calendar information.
Select “Login” then choose the Google account you wish to share a calendar from. Select “Allow” to give ScreenCloud permission to pull through your calendar.
- Once you are logged in, you will see a list of the calendars associated with that Google account:
- Select a calendar, or multiple calendars, to show them on your digital screen. Then, click “Ok” and select a calendar view. This can be by day, week, month or upcoming event:
3. Preview your results
- Once you are happy with your settings and your Google account has been linked click “Preview app”. This will allow you to preview your calendar and check that you are happy with how the events are showing:
4. Add your Event Calendar to a playlist
Once you’re happy with your Event Calendar, you can add it to one of your digital signage playlists.
- Select “Add App” and choose a name for the calendar, for example “Company Events”. This will help you to spot it later if you’re adding more than one calendar to your playlist:
- Next, go to ‘Playlists’ and drag and drop your Event Calendar from the selection bar on the right-hand side to the playlist of your choosing:
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How often does the Event Calendar update?
- The Event Calendar updates every 10 minutes. This means that once you have added or edited an event, it can take 10 minutes for the screen to update and show the latest information.
How long will the Event Calendar show for?
- Event Calendar will show for the time you have set in its duration within the playlist. You can edit this by going to Playlists and clicking on the time duration shown next to the Calendar.
If you have any additional questions or concerns on the Event Calendar App, or any other questions or feedback about your ScreenCloud Membership, feel free to reach out to our support team at email@example.com or give us a call at +1-415-449-5426, then follow the prompts to reach support.