The ScreenCloud Currency app allows you to share the latest currency rates from around the world to your digital screens in a visual display. Share the latest Pound to Dollars rates, Euro to Chinese Yuan and more at the click of a button. This makes it easy to keep your office, lobby, store or school viewers up to date with the latest exchange rates through your digital screens.
With the ScreenCloud Currency app you can:
- Choose from over 100 different currencies
- Select a base rate to compare
- Show one or multiple currencies
Table of Contents:
1. Select and install ScreenCloud’s Currency app
To begin, follow this link and select ‘Install this app’ in the bottom right-hand corner. This will log you into your ScreenCloud account, or prompt you to set up our free trial in order to use the Currency app and others within our App Store.
- Once logged in select ‘Add this app’ from the top right-hand corner:
2. Choose your unit and base currency
Once you have selected ‘add app’ you’ll see a menu that allows you to select your base rate and the unit(s) of currencies you wish to show.
- ‘Unit’ will tell the app how much of each currency you would like to compare, for example, 100 dollars to 100 euros or 1 dollar to 1 euro:
- The base currency will determine which currency is used across all examples. In the preview below you can see that Dollars has been set as the base currency and therefore this is positioned in the header:
Next, enter your currencies separated by non-space commas as shown in the example. Here, you can enter up to 8 different currencies to compare.
The acronym for each currency the app supports is listed as below:
AED:United Arab Emirates
BAM:Bosnia and Herzegovina
CDF:Democratic Republic of the Congo
GBP:Isle of Man
PGK:Papua New Guinea
STD:Sao Tome and Principe
TTD:Trinidad and Tobago
3. Preview your results
Once you’ve chosen your currencies, preview the app to ensure you’re happy with the layout and currencies chosen.
- Click ‘Preview App’ and a small popup will show the currency amounts you have added:
4. Add the Currency app to a playlist
Once you’re happy with your Currency app, you can add it to one of your digital signage playlists.
- Select ‘Add App’ and choose a name for the app, for example ‘Currency - Floor 1’. This will help you to spot it later if you’re adding more than one Currency app to your playlist:
- Next, go to ‘Playlists’ and drag and drop your currency feed from the app selection bar on the right-hand side to the playlist of your choosing:
Once added to your playlist you will also see the option to set the duration (shown as 1.00 in the image above). This will determine how long the currency feed shows for within the playlist.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Will the Currency app continue to work if I go offline?
- The Currency app has a 10-minute cache. If your screens are offline it will show the most relevant currencies from within the last 10 minutes.
How long will the Currency app feed play for?
- This is determined by the duration you have set within the playlist.
If you have any additional questions or concerns on the Currency App, or any other questions or feedback about your ScreenCloud Membership, feel free to reach out to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at +1-415-449-5426, then follow the prompts to reach support.