The ScreenCloud Live News app makes it easy to stream live news feeds directly to your digital signage screens. Share feeds from news sources such as Sky News, Bloomberg, Al Jazeera and more, in real time with your TV monitors. This makes it easy to keep your office, lobby, store or coffee shop customers on top of the latest headlines and world events.
With the ScreenCloud Lives News app you can:
- Choose from more than 10 live news channels
- Stream the latest headlines in real time directly to your screens
- Keep your employees or customers up to date with the latest world events
Here’s how it works:
1. Select and install ScreenCloud’s Live News app
To begin, follow this link and select ‘Install this app’ in the bottom right-hand corner. This will log you into your ScreenCloud account, or prompt you to set up our free trial in order to use the Live News app and others within our App Store.
- Once logged in select ‘Add this app’ from the top right-hand corner:
2. Choose your live news source
Once you have selected ‘add app’ you’ll see a drop-down that offers you a series of live news feeds including:
- Sky News (UK/International)
- Bloomberg (Financial)
- Al Jazeera (Middle East - English)
- ABC News 24 Live (Australia)
- France 24 (French)
- CCTV (Chinese)
- KBS World (Korean)
- Euronews (viewable in EU only)
- i24 News (Israel)
- Al Arabiya (Middle East - Arabic)
- Channels Television (West Africa)
- NASA (Space)
3. Preview your results
Once you’ve chosen and added your Live News source, preview it to ensure the feed and language is correct for your audience.
- Click ‘Preview App’ and a small popup will play the Live News feed you have added:
4. Add the Live News app to a playlist
Once you’re happy with your news source, you can add it to one of your digital signage playlists.
- Select ‘Add App’ and choose a name for the news source, for example ‘Sky - UK for office’. This will help you to spot it later if you’re adding more than one news feed to your playlist:
- Next, go to ‘Playlists’ and drag and drop your news feed from the app selection bar on the right-hand side to the playlist of your choosing:
Once added to your playlist you will also see the option to set the duration (shown as 2.00 in the image above). This will determine how long the total news feed plays within the playlist.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will Live News continue to work if I go offline?
- No, Live News is a live stream of video news from the internet so it needs a reliable internet connection at all times.
How long is the cache of Live News - is this played in real time?
- The Live News feed is not cached as it plays in real time.
Can I use Live News feed as part of a zoned digital signage display?
- Yes, when setting up a zoned display you will see the option to ‘Add App’. Any news feeds you have created will be found in this list. However please note, you will not be able to play a live news feed alongside another source of moving content such as a YouTube video.
How long will the Live News feed play for?
- This is determined by the duration you have set within the playlist.
If you have any additional questions or concerns on the Live News apps, or any other questions or feedback about your ScreenCloud Membership, feel free to reach out to our support team at email@example.com or give us a call at +1-415-449-5426, then follow the prompts to reach support.