The ScreenCloud Trello app makes it easy to set up your Trello project management boards and cards to share across your digital signage screens. Choose or create a new board, make it public, and then add the URL to ScreenCloud. This allows you to share any project management board or editorial calendar with your entire team within an office, reception or meeting and lets your project details update in real-time.
With the ScreenCloud Trello app you can:
- Share your latest projects, roadmaps and editorial calendars
- Choose a custom background and text calendar
- Make live updates, which filter through automatically to your screen
Table of Contents:
1. Select and Install ScreenCloud’s Trello App
To begin, follow this link and select “Install this app” in the bottom right-hand corner. This will log you into your ScreenCloud account, or prompt you to set up our free trial in order to use the Trello app and others within our App Store.
- Once logged in, select “Add this app” from the top right-hand corner:
2. Choose your Trello Boards
In order to share your Trello boards within a public digital signage display, you’ll first need to make your Trello boards public.
Visit https://trello.com and log in to your account.
Choose the board you wish to show and open it. Find the people icon and click on it, as shown below. This will allow you to change the visibility of your board from “private” or “team visible” to “public.”
Once your board is public, you can simply copy the URL from the browser to add it to the ScreenCloud Trello app.
3. Choose your Trello App Settings
Now that you have your URL, you can add it within the Trello app settings.
- Select “Trello URL” and enter it into the box shown:
- Then select “Next” and you will see a list of all of the columns available to show. You can select as many as you would like to display before pressing “OK":
Once you have clicked OK, you’ll see a green check mark next to the Trello URL button. You can now customize the following settings:
- Text size: select from “normal” or “large”
- Text color: select a color or add a custom hex code
- Background: select a color or add a custom hex code
- Show board title: on or off
4. Preview Your Results
Once you have chosen your preferred settings, you have the opportunity to preview it before it’s added to a playlist. This helps you to determine what your Trello board will look like and what information your audience can see.
- Click “Preview App” and a small pop-up will show the sheet as it will look on your digital screen:
5. Add the Trello App to a Playlist
Once you’re happy with your Trello board, you can add it to one of your digital signage playlists.
- Select “Add App” and choose a name for your board or column (for example, “Trello - Social media calendar”). This will help you to spot it later if you’re adding more than one spreadsheet to your feed:
- Next, go to “Playlists” and drag and drop your Trello app from the app selection bar on the right-hand side to the playlist of your choosing:
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
My Trello board won’t show
- Please ensure that your Trello board has been made public. Otherwise, it will not be able to show on your digital screens—even if you are logged in on the same computer.
How long will the Trello board or column show for?
- The Trello app will show for the amount of time you have set within the playlist. This can be edited by going to the playlist and changing the time duration next to the Trello app.
How often does the app refresh?
- The ScreenCloud Trello app will check for updates every five minutes, although there may be a longer delay as it depends on when Trello updates its published version of the board.
If you have any additional questions or concerns on the Trello App, or any other questions or feedback about your ScreenCloud Membership, feel free to reach out to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at +1-415-449-5426, then follow the prompts to reach support.