The ScreenCloud Twitter Search app makes it easy to create a Twitter wall of live tweets based on a specific search term, such as a phrase, user, handle or hashtag. Share tweets that are relevant to your audience, find specific mentions and build a live Twitter wall for your restaurant, office, lobby, event or coffee shop.
With the ScreenCloud Twitter Search app you can:
- Use Boolean search operators to choose one or multiple account users, hashtags, verified filters and more
- Exclude retweets and replies from your search results
- Employ a safe filter as well as advanced settings to show video content and images
Please note, we also have the Twitter Timeline app, which allows you to show your own mentions, home feed or favorites timeline.
Table of Contents:
1. Select and install ScreenCloud’s Twitter Search app
To begin, follow this link and select “Install this app” in the bottom right-hand corner. This will either log you into your ScreenCloud account or prompt you to set up our free trial in order to use the Twitter Search app and others within our App Store.
- Once logged in, select “Add this app” from the top right-hand corner:
2. Log in to Twitter
- Once you have selected “add app,” you will see a settings panel that looks like the below:
In order for the app to be able to retrieve your Twitter results, you will need to log in. Click “Login” and Twitter’s API will ask you to authorize access from ScreenCloud to your Twitter account. Once you have approved this, you’ll see a green checkmark next to “Twitter login.”
3. Create your search terms
To decide what to show in your Twitter feed, you will need to enter a search in the box that says “Search." The app uses Boolean search operators; you can enter a single keyword or hashtag as well as phrases, search for results (such as one word OR another), and exclude specific users, mentions or keywords from your results.
- Here are some of the advanced search operators to be aware of and the results they will show:
- As well as determining what to search for, you can also use exclusions to remove tweets that contain specific keywords. Examples include:
Once you have set up your search, you can preview the tweets on show in step 5 to ensure that the results match what you are looking for.
4. Select your settings
Once you have added your search term, set the duration you would like each tweet to show for and the language you would like to search in. Next, you can toggle between the below settings:
- Safe filter on/off
- Verified filter on/off (this relates to accounts with the blue check mark which have been verified by Twitter as legitimate sources of interest)
- Exclude replies on/off
- Exclude retweets on/off
- Fullscreen images and videos on/off
- Autoplay videos on/off
- Mute videos on/off
5. Preview your results
Once you’ve chosen your Twitter search filters, preview the feed to ensure that the tweets are appropriate for your audience.
- Click “Preview App,” and a small popup will display the Twitter search results for the keywords you have specified:
6. Add the Twitter Search app to a playlist
Once you’re happy with your Twitter results, you can add the app to one of your digital signage playlists.
- Select “Add App” and choose a name for the Twitter feed (e.g., “Twitter Search - cute dogs”). This will help you to spot it later if you’re adding more than one Twitter Search feed to your playlist:
- Next, go to “Playlists” and drag and drop your Twitter Search app from the app selection bar on the right-hand side to the playlist of your choosing:
Once added to your playlist, you will also see an option to set the duration (shown as 1.00 in the image above). This will determine how long the Twitter search results feed is allowed to play within your playlist.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Will Twitter Search continue to work if I go offline?
- Twitter Search will continue to show the latest results up to the point when the app has gone offline.
Can I use Twitter Search app as part of a zoned digital signage display?
- Yes. When setting up a zoned display, you will see the option to “Add Playlist.” Any Twitter Search feeds within a playlist will be played in this feed.
How long will the Twitter Search app play?
- This is determined by the duration you have set within the playlist.
If you have any additional questions or concerns on the Twitter Search app, or any other questions or feedback about your ScreenCloud Membership, feel free to reach out to our support team at email@example.com or give us a call at +1-415-449-5426, then follow the prompts to reach support.