The Instagram app from ScreenCloud allows you to create a live scrolling wall of Instagram posts that engage your audience. Choose which accounts or hashtags to show and create a visual canvas of your best work, insights and updates.
Through the ScreenCloud Instagram app you can create a small or large digital signage screen wall that shares beautiful images from the sources that matter, updating in real time. Whether this is for your office, store or a one-off event.
With the ScreenCloud Instagram app you can:
- Create a live scrolling image wall of Instagram posts
- Select images using a hashtag or account handle
- Choose a light or dark theme for your display
Here’s how it works:
1. Install Instagram in your ScreenCloud account
To get started, choose the Gallery for Instagram feed by following this link and selecting ‘install app’. Next you will see a screen which looks like this:
2. Choose the Instagram content you wish to show
Once you have selected 'Add This App' you will see the settings panel.
Here you will need to decide:
- Hashtag or account - you have two options when deciding on which Instagram content to show on your social media wall; a user’s Instagram feed or a specific hashtag. To choose what to show enter the hashtag or user handle in the setup panel. This does what it says on the tin! So entering ‘@screencloud’ will show posts from the ScreenCloud Instagram account in chronological order and the hashtag ‘#london’ will show posts that have been given the hashtag ‘#london’ from any user account.
- Choose from a light or dark color theme.
- Layout - "Single" will show one Instagram post at a time as shown below. Whereas "Grid" will show multiple images.
- Number of photos - if you are using the Grid layout this will determine how many images are shown at one time.
3. Log in to Instagram
Next, select ‘login’ and authorize the app through Instagram. This will allow you to pull through a feed of live, scrolling results to your digital signage social media wall.
4. Preview your results
Once you’ve connected your account it’s a great idea to check your results. You can do this by hitting ‘Preview App’. This gives you a pop up where you can view what your Instagram scrolling gallery would look like when live on a screen. This also helps with that all important moderation.
5. Add your Instagram feed to your digital signage display
Once you're happy with how your Instagram live feed looks and feels you can add it to a playlist to feed content to your screen.
Click ‘Add App’ and give a name to your Instagram feed. This will help you decipher the difference between different feeds you’ve set up at a later date, which is super useful if you’re looking to add more than one. We’ve called this one ‘Our Instagram feed’.
Now navigate to ‘Playlists’ and either add your Instagram feed to an existing playlist, or start a new one. You can also edit when the Instagram feed plays by dragging and dropping it anywhere in the playlist. Then set how long you wish it to show for and that’s it! A beautiful stream of Instagram images utilized in your digital signage display to catch attention in any physical location.
Frequently asked questions:
Can I display the Instagram app in portrait?
Yes the Instagram app can be used within a portrait or landscape display.
Can I use the Instagram app as part of a zoned digital signage display?
Yes, when setting up a zoned display you will see the option to ‘Add App’. Any Instagram feeds you have setup will be found in this list.
How are the results ordered?
If you have chosen to display a user’s feed (e.g. @ScreenCloud), the images will be shown chronologically. If you have chosen to show images relating to a hashtag they will be shown according to Instagram’s algorithm. This may mean that the posts at the top have a significant ‘ranking’ factor. This could be high engagement in the form of likes and comments or because the post has been created by a popular Instagram user.
How long is each post shown for?
The wall is a live scrolling feed. You can view the timing of this when previewing the app before adding it to a playlist.
What happens when the end of the feed or hashtag is reached?
Once all of the posts have shown on the live scrolling wall, the posts begin to show again from the beginning. There is no break or obvious sign to the viewer, the results seamlessly flip back to the start of the feed.
Why do I have to log in through Instagram before my results can be shown?
In order to show a feed from Instagram on a digital signage wall you have to log in and prove that you are a user.
For further help and support please get in touch with our team on [email protected]