How to Add a Website
1. Go to the Content Library page in your ScreenCloud account
2. Click the "Add Site" button on the top right
3. You will see a pop-up console below
4. Fill in the URL for the website/webpage you want to show on your screens. In this case, I want to show the ScreenCloud homepage:
5. Once the website or webpage is added you will see the thumbnail in your Content Library
6. When adding an internal website or webpage you will encounter a warning below. You can still click Add URL to add the internal site anyway.
Frequently Asked Questions & Troubleshooting
Why won't my website display?
Certain websites have security restrictions placed on them which limit where and how they can be shown. On the whole, this is a good thing. It means, for example, that your online banking is more secure. However, it also means that we can't display certain websites.
The only way around this is to talk to the administrator of the website and ask them about loosening their security restrictions. Specifically, they'll need to change the ‘X-Frame-Options' header that gets delivered along with their website.
Why can't some internal websites (private or behind a login) not be displayed?
All websites that are added to ScreenCloud Signage are automatically checked to make sure that they display properly on our players. For internal websites, we are unable to access the sites to check them. Therefore, it's up to you to make sure that the site has no restrictions, otherwise, the players will remain blank when trying to load the page.
One thing you can check is, our player loads external websites into an iframe (a sandboxed one for security reasons). The page you're trying to add might have an 'X-Frame-Options' header set to 'SAMEORIGIN' which means we can't load it into our iFrame.
Please check to see if this is the restriction on the website.
If so, you can either remove the options altogether or set as X-Frame-Options: ALLOW-FROM https://screen.cloud.
Please Note: It's possible to display internal websites as long as the device is on the same network; you just need to click Add URL after you see the message below. Please be aware that we cannot guarantee if your site will display properly as the website content cannot be verified.
The internal site doesn't have to be secure in order for you to add the website.
Why some videos on a website won't autoplay?
If you have your own website with HTML video player you can ask your developer to add the following line of code to your video: